Wednesday, January 13, 2010

beaches besties and blues


Home (insert word) home, should be sweet, right? After a grueling 12 hour drive yesterday, I am back in Salt Lake, I have mixed emotions on this fact. The past few days were a little piece of heaven on earth. I had adjusted to my new life here in Utah, I had made new friends, found a boy to heart, working, having family time. It was santa barbara, but in the snow. I thought it was good. But being home made me realize how lucky i am to have what i have in my life.

sitting at mesa cafe in the morning having breakfast with my dad and shotzie was exactly the kind of mornings that i miss. in a two hour lunch we ran into 8 friends, sitting in the sun drinking apple juice coffee and water. so me, so perfect. and then to return to mesa cafe 2 hours later for what could be described as the quintessential best friend dining experience. 6 girls sitting around table, laughing, gossiping, getting and giving advice. sharing stories, pictures laughter and love. i miss that more than words photos anything could describe.

needless to say it got my mind twirling in circles and forcing me to think about what my next step will be. where will i go, who will i be, and who will be by my side.

its a strange place to be in life. i have no specific attatchment, nothing to a job, a true love, a home, a school . . . im litterally that balloon with a string that could easily be let go of.

the question is, where will i float too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment