Wednesday, January 6, 2010

awkward work conversations

As I paced around the bar tonight I noticed one interesting thing. I counted 21 guys, and besides myself and the bartender, not one other girl. if youre in the market for love, you are in paradise.
shortly there after one of the girls that works upstairs came down for a post shift shot and beer. she pulled up a chair at the table directly centered in the bar. i noticed her checkin out the scene and finally after feeling kinda bad i walked up and started a conversation with her.
she told me that she was sitting in that exact spot as an experiment to see how long it would take for one of these tool like gentlemen to approach her. she was slightly bummed that it wasnt working but i helped her find humor in the situation.
and thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn . . . .. .
she went on to tell me how she had started seeing the brother of a coworker upstairs, but only started seeing him after she had lost her chance with the owners son. she starts telling me how she was instantly super attracted to the owners son and tried to make a couple passes at him but they were unrecipricated. she figured that he probably wasnt interested due to the conflict of interest seeing as how his dad owned the joint.
i held back my laughter surprisingly well until she said, and i quote " and then i saw him with some stupid girl, like WHAT he has a girlfriend?! i mean he just came back into town, like who is this girl?!"
my laughter came out in a snort of true laura carvajal fashion.
she looked me in the eye and said, "oh my god, it was you!"
in the end we both laughed about and she went on to tell me how cute he was (numerous times) and how lucky i had been.
i agreed, smiled, and walked away

No comments:

Post a Comment