Tuesday, April 13, 2010

so, i guess this is life










Last night I was watching an episode of SATC, thats, Sex and the City for you idiots out there. Anyways, the episode was titled, " they shoot single people dont they" it basically revolved around all four of the girls coming to realization that yes indeed they are single, and yes indeed, it sucks.
They found themselves, dating ex boyfriends, crying alone in restaurants, and forcing themselves to like someone, just because.
I got to thinking
HOLY SHIT
granted these women are fictional characters, living in a fake world, and at a false age. but still . . . i found myself comparing my real world to theirs. Especially at the point when Mirandas 90 year old neighbor tells her that the previous occupant of her apartment died and it was a week before someone found her, and when they did, her cat had eaten half her face off.


dear lord

what a crazy bitch, not the woman, the cat.
My friend Natasha and I have always joked that someday we will both just live together in our old age and have a bunch of cats. cat ladies
well after last night i can tell you one thing


NO CATS

as if this wasnt enough to get me pondering my existance, i had lunch with my mother today. my mom is a strange breed. married 8 times, bats her eyelashes at any handsome face, age 13 to 87, took me to a playboy test shoot at age 17, reccomends laxatives and diaretics as a diet, you get the idea.
so we started talking about diets as i was dishing up a salad in which she tsk tsked me as i tried to scoop a second helping of croutons. Is this life? I cant even get extra croutons on my bowl of lettuce!!!
I have to be thin, but not too thin, i have to be smart, but not too smart, i have to be funny, but not innapropriate, i have to be sexy, but not slutty.

WTF

which way is up?
so ill diet for the rest of my days, only to end up living with my best friend and a bunch of cats??
somethings not right here.
then it came to me
boys with tattoos
My friend laura and i were talking a while back about how boys who work in tattoo shops always have girlfriends.
why is this
well the answer we came up with is simple.
theyre weird
and if they can find a girl, any girl
they latch on
and they NEVER let go
so is this the solution?
only date boys with tattoos? never buy cats? always eat salads?
im swimming in my own thoughts right now, tattoos, cats and salads . . . i think im on to something here




No comments:

Post a Comment