Tuesday, March 9, 2010

having a moment

i once went through a really bad break up. the kind of break up that alters your world. it left me homeless, hungry, tired, stressed, and unable to function for a period of time. that kind of break up that is neccessary in life. builds character, changes you, makes you realize you who you are. your strengths your weaknessess, your loves your hates, your needs your wants and how to differentiate the two.
it was hard. extremely hard. ive dealt with a lot in my short life and i can say without question, that this was not only the hardest thing for me to deal with but the hardest for me to overcome. and some days it still gets to me. i can still find myself questioning where it all went wrong. placing blame and getting angry.
during this time there was one thing that pulled me through. one thing that comforted me in my sadness and slapped me in my stupidness.
my friends
i do not know how i would have made it through.
and they all played such different roles. some just listened, some took me out to party it out of my mind, some shook the nonsense out of me and one even sat in the hospital with me :)
and even now almost two years later, i have the same friends. and i still turn to them daily for all my small boy problems, my complaints about my body, my annoyance with my family, my funny utah nonsense stories. they are still here. and because they are, i am

No comments:

Post a Comment