Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2 minutes . . . 2 mintues in heaven,

I started this post well over an hour ago. Ive written a few things, then deleted. Ive closed my laptop and reopened. Ive looked at pictures, thought of jokes, replayed scenarios. All for the cause of wanting to be able to relay what I want to say in a manner that a five year old could understand it, or at least Kelly.
A while back I got a tattoo of a quote that has stuck with me since the day I first read it, "happiness is only real when shared" I always had believed that to be true, but had never felt it so immensly until I was here. I put it on my body permanently to remind me that what I have in my life, the friends, the family, the ability to talk to try and find laughter and fun in any situation, its a blessing. Something to never be taken for granted.
The past month has been the hardest. Ive felt my spirit change, my light dim, and my heart grow heavy. During this time I recieved a text from a friend that he just so happened to have to be in utah on business and was going to fly in a few days early to hang out with me. At the time of course i was stoked, but it seemed so far off. So I went on day by day, looking forward to that weekend, but day by day things got worse. From saying goodbye to the one boy i fell for, to the pressures of realizing your parents arent immortal, to finally just days before his arrival, not only realizing but facing my own mortality.
He couldnt have come at a better time.
When he opened his hotel room door, a little weight was lifted off my shoulders. A smile grew on my face so large and I buried it into his chest in a giant hug.
The next 2 days, when by in a matter of 2 minutes.
Matt, I heart you! You being here, in all your radness, it made me feel like Kami again.
I laughed, and I meant it. I smiled, cause I couldnt help it, and I drank, well, I drank whiskey like it was water.
My happiness felt real for the first time in a long time. And I couldnt think of a more genuine person to share it with.
From playing in the snow, to playing in the bars.
From stolen jackets to complimentary shots
From Saturday to Sunday
Too quick, too fun
So raise your glass to the endless pursuit of whiskey. And dont raise it to the three two.
You made my day . . .both of em

No comments:

Post a Comment